Realme 6i and other future Realme smartphones will not come preloaded with an application that has been banned by the federal government, the Chinese smartphone maker introduced on Thursday. For the existing phones, Realme said that it was releasing over-the-air (OTA) updates in the coming times that would get rid of the relating to ‘Clean up Storage’ characteristic, which is driven by China’s Cheetah Cellular. The characteristic is based mostly on its Clear Master application that is amongst the fifty nine applications banned by the federal government late very last month.
Realme took to Twitter to share the new announcement. “Your information privateness is particularly vital for Realme and we have never ever shared user information with any entity,” the firm said in the letter dealt with to its supporters and media. “Realme always complies with the regulations and rules of the jurisdictions exactly where it operates in and will be adhering to the directives presented by the federal government heading forward as properly.”
The letter highlighted that the Realme 6i that is launching in India on Friday will not have any pre-mounted applications from the banned application listing unveiled by the federal government. The firm also said that its other future phones would not have any of all those applications.
Further, Realme talked about that it has presented end users with the alternative to uninstall any of the preloaded applications from its smartphones. The firm notably available pre-mounted applications which include Helo and UC Browser that are amongst the kinds banned by the federal government.
Apart from the preloaded applications, a person of the critical problems on Realme phones is close to the Clear up Storage characteristic that is based mostly on Cheetah Mobile’s Clear Master application, which is also in the listing of banned applications. The firm said that it would be removed by way of an OTA updates on all its existing types by early August. The updates will also get rid of the banned applications, Realme verified to Gadgets 360.
Realme is not the initial smartphone manufacturer in India to address security concerns raised by way of the government’s move to ban Chinese applications. Poco, which is a sub-manufacturer of Xiaomi, also lately presented clarification on the banned applications being pre-mounted on the newly launched Poco M2 Pro. That manufacturer also promised to give a software package update to deal with user problems. It is nevertheless to roll out the update, even though.
Why are smartphone price ranges growing in India? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly engineering podcast, which you can subscribe to by using Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, obtain the episode, or just hit the enjoy button underneath.